Position: Superintendent – Quality, Safety & Training
Job Location: Mumbai
About our Client and the Requirement:
Our Client is a reputed Ship Owning Company. The QST Superintendent is responsible for safety management systems- their documentation and acquiring certification in accordance with the requirements of ISO, ISM Code, ISPS Code and MLC 2006. The role is also responsible for audit compliance to Quality Management System, Safety Management System and Security System and providing assistance in maintaining such systems.
Desired Candidate profile:
Must be a Chief Engineer with minimum 12 months rank experience
Min 2 years shore experience as a Surveyor or Safety & Quality Superintendent
Positive attitude with good interpersonal and management skills
1. Prepare audit plan and seek approval from Head – QSTand DPA. Monitor on regular basis so that planned audits are carried out as per plan
2. Monitor close out of findings on regular basis
3. Coordinate with external agency (classification society / Flag Administration) for external audits for getting the certificate(s) endorsed / fresh certificate(s) issued. Collate all required documents and submit to the audit authority for close out of findings within prescribed time frae
1. Monitor communication received from vessels on a daily basis.
2. Seek guidance from team members / Head QST-DPA / other departments in shore office / classification societies as may be required for providing clarifications to vessels.
3. Respond to queries raised by vessel on QST related issues.
1. Liaise with Classification Society / Flag State Authority for inspections, follow up with above for certification, close out of non-conformances
2. Plan and Monitor execution of safety campaigns
1. Brief new and existing management level officers on safety management system